About this Blog

This blog is designed as a place for those who work in the field of Christian Education to share ideas. It is to be assumed that all work on this page is offered freely to others in the field. When you use or adapt an idea, please give credit to the blogger who wrote about it here. Most content is the work of Bridget Maloney MDiv, CCE. Other CE professionals will write from time-to-time and they will be named in their post.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Grab and Go Boxes


Eleven of the twelve Sunday School grades I work with have a memory goal for the year. As I began my third year here a couple of months ago I realized that the teachers and shepherds are always looking for ideas about how to help their students master the goal(s) for the year.  I realized, I don't have to reinvent this wheel every year!  Since the big goals (Books of the Bible, Psalm 23 etc) are the same for each age level from year-to-year, I could put together a resource to be used over and over!  Yes, it took my 2+ years to come to that realization!  At any rate, the "Grab and Go" box was born.  I am a long way from completing them but I'm excited about the possibilities.  Since I'm taking a lengthy block of time to research activities for each specific memory goal, I'm able to include some creative ideas which will appeal to children with different learning styles.  I'll be sharing more about these boxes and the individual items within each of them over the coming weeks.

Pictured above:  Grab and Go Box: Learn the Books of the Bible
Contents and *Cost
Box $8.00
1 Leaders Guide $1.15
2 Dry Erase sleeves with 5 OT and 5 NT worksheets in each $5.00
2 Dry Erase Pens $1.00
1 Set of Bible Bingo $5.50 
2 Hangers $2.00
1 Set OT Clothespins $4.00
1 Set NT Clothespins $3.00
1 Set OT Craft sticks $3.00
1 Set NT Craft sticks $2.00
2 Sets OT Flashcards $29.60     
2 Sets NT Flashcards $21.40
1 Set Books of the Bible Strips $3.25
1 Set Types of Literature in the Bible Strips $2.25
1 Set Books of the Old Testament Stacking Cups $33.75
1 Set Books of the New Testament Stacking Cups $14.50
1 Booklet of alternative games leaders may choose to use $2.50
1 CD (not shown) Books of the Bible Song $15.99
Total Cost of Supplies approximately $157.89

*Costs include the following arbitrary amounts:
Black and white printing/copying $0.05 per copy
Color copying $0.10 per copy
Roller laminating $0.25 per foot

We, like you, had many of the supplies on hand so I didn't actually SPEND $157.89 but I wanted to show a good accounting in case anyone wanted to make any of the contents-or the whole box.  I showed this to the teacher last night and she was VERY excited!  I can't wait to hear what the children think after they get to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment