About this Blog

This blog is designed as a place for those who work in the field of Christian Education to share ideas. It is to be assumed that all work on this page is offered freely to others in the field. When you use or adapt an idea, please give credit to the blogger who wrote about it here. Most content is the work of Bridget Maloney MDiv, CCE. Other CE professionals will write from time-to-time and they will be named in their post.

Saturday, November 19, 2011



This idea requires no actual work on my part and I think it will be fun!  As a child I loved playing with the nativity set.  I told the story of Jesus' birth to  myself and others over and over.  As I grew up, I promised myself that I would always have nativity sets that children can play with.  While in graduate school I had the opportunity to take an introductory Play Therapy class.  I learned through this class just how important play is to children.  Boys and girls, learn, create, discern and commit to memory through the world of play.

I am placing a small table just outside my office door.  Each week from Advent through Epiphany, I will put a different nativity set on the table.  I have invited parents to bring their children by to play.  I am putting it outside of my office so that they can play even if I'm not in.  Of course, if I am in, I may just go play with them!

The nativity set featured above is from the Fisher Price Little People collection.  It is available at mass retailers and through the Fisher Price website.

No comments:

Post a Comment